Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Hydra

\

Hey all!

So it's been quite a while since I last wrote on the blog. Sorry about that. I was busy with the application for further studies and all. Plus my laptop screen broke (I accidentally broke it) and I am currently down with a flu (Hence this gave me a chance to take a break and write on the blog).

Recently I have been working on this guy:


Yep, it is the Imperial Guard Hydra Flak Tank.

I dug it out of my storage when I was packing the boxes. I guess I bought this a while back but never had the chance to push myself to finish it. Until now.

It took me more than half a day to complete it. Now, the hatch, head of the tank commander, the turret and its awesome guns are all bluetack as I want to remove them later to paint. 

Though it is an awesome kit, it is hard to build.

I damaged the upper hull piece and the top of the turret. Hence now the Hydra has become a one and only because it is damaged. But it should be fine as it gives the tank a more unique look.

I love this kit, but it is kind of expensive. You could either just buy the conversion kit or buy the complete set. You would need a basilisk tank battery if you only buy the conversion kit.

So here are the pictures for it: 



I could not make a Winterial for it as I made some mistakes along the way aand I guess you should not follow them. Hence maybe wait till I get another kit and get a Winterial made up.

Aftermath:

There are lots of bending of the parts, especially the guns. But that is unavoidable. Hence you need hot water to make it straight again.

Do not use too much on the resin parts. Surprisingly the hatch on top of the turret became powdery and white and hard, like as if they were deformed.

Never ever do this without a professional help or do this without someone who never did this before. Lucky ones would get it right, unlucky ones like me would have to make do with the damage done to it.

So, with nothing else to add, I shall end this here. See you all soon. And hopefully have some Winterials up.


Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment