Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Ratling Winterial 03

Hey all!
As you all know that the Winterial for the Ratling has ended. Hence this post is meant to give some Tips and Tricks, Things to take note and my Reflection.
Tips and Tricks:
1.When making a small button for the pouches, roll it into a small thin rod first before detaching a small piece as it is very hard to remove something so small.
2. Use a stack of popsicle sticks to form a support for the Ratling when letting to cure when it is standing. Similarly, you can also get something that does not tear like paper, has no colouring added, and is smooth enough to support the Ratling too.
Things to take note:
1. When the Kneadatite is curing, always do not place it directly at any point where it may change shape. Instead, support it to maintain the shape that you made till it has cured. In ny case, I supported the small bits like the rifle and head on a pair of tweezer to prevent it from getting deformed (that's what the tweezer is for).
2. At some parts of the instructions where as say let cure first or don't let it cure yet, I mean it as it helps in the following steps to come. This is because I went past some of the steps without letting it to cure first and accidentally pressing onto it, changing its shape. Thus I do not want you to repeat the mistakes which I have done.
Reflection:
All in all, this was a pretty good project completed as ur turned out better than what I expected the outcome to be.
I hope that all who read this Winterial will take interest in it and try it out. Hopefully too develop a passion to do sculpting and modelling.
I understand that this model uses mostly Kneadatite and spare bits, since afterall I got them from someone who doesn't want then anymore at a reasonable price. Hence you could find them easily through people who play dwarf army and have spares. However, I believe many people too prefer to kit-bash an awesome Ratling by buying all the bits to do it. Thus I will probably try to make a kit-bash tutorial  for the Ratling whenever it is possible.
In the mean time, I haven't plan much as I am now looking forward to the new Imperial Guard release ( I heard there is a Paladin Knight for them too). I may do some kit-bash tutorial but nothing solid yet. What I do confirm is that I will do some inboxing when the Imperial Guard New release is out. So do stay tune and look out for what is coming next.
Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment