Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Foam Miniature (Catachan) Winterial 04

Hey all!

It is time I give my reflection for this Winterial and some other stuff that may be useful to you if you want to make this miniature yourself.

Reflection:

The end result turned out better then what I had expected it to be. Though much time have been dedicated to finish up the Catachans, I believe it was worth the time. With such good results and awesomeness, I am actually quite tempted to build more, probably a whole platoon of it, but I guess that will have to wait till I get more foam paper.

Tips and tricks:

1. You can have the miniatures built into different sub-builds before assembling them together if you ar building a lot at one go. So what are the sub-builds you ask. So let me tell you.

-build the torso and legs to the position you like and attach them to the base.

-build the head. I differentiated the sergeant by having the head band facing a different direction from the rest. A picture of the sergeant is all the way at the bottom of the post.

-have all the guns and weapons made out properly first.

- now, assemble the arms, then the hands, then the weapons, and lastly the head.

2. Don't apply too much glue although it dries clear as reflection from light may cause it to become very obvious from the foam.

3. Use a sharp scissors to cut foam as cut markings may get very obvious and would not look good.

Tools:

Nothing much to add except one, the glue. Any white glue would work but what I used is Elmer's tacky glue. Hence I recommend it.

So enjoy making your foam miniature. See you in the next blog post.


Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment