Saturday, May 10, 2014

A buy from the past!

Got all this from an awesome guy named Steven. He got all these out of production stuff that I actually wanted to collect and paint them up. Sadly I missed some pretty awesome stuff like the all metal landspeeders and the chaplain on bike. But I managed to get my hand on some items:

This is an overview of what I got from him. The ultramaines and death company(red one) box set is from 1993 and the honour guards and the other death company box from 1998. Look at those dates!


Within the ultramarine squad is 10 metal bodies of the marines and metal space marines. Though the arms are missing, I should be able to get my hands on some of them soon. Not a bad buy, since I love metal models and this is a pretty awesome collectible item that is already OOP for a long time.


The blood angels honour guard is actually just plastic assault marines. But what is so special about them is that it contains metal parts for you to build an assault marine that is an apothecary, a veteran sergeant with power sword, a techmarine (Yes, it includes and axe with the mechanicum sign too), a standard bearer and also a plasma gun guy.


These death company guys are the awesome ones. They are mostly metal with cool poses, plus two chaplains. The best part is one of the chaplain is Lemartes, an awesome guy. The poses of some of these guys are very nice and have the combat feel in it.


Last but not least is the Mephiston and Iron Priest (It is the Iron Priest as it is what is said at it's base tab. Plus the date printed behind was 'C GW1992') A great buy along with two awesome bits. Mephiston actually comes with the sword but I somehow missed it from this picture.


All in all, for the cost of $140, I think this is an awesome buy. I don't know why Games Workshop stop production of these awesome kits now. They should bring them back. I had some friends giving up this hobby because the models and rules are now worse than what they used to be. But I guess I have no say in this except to give my humble opinion: Bring back those kits that are really cool from the past.

That's all for today. Hopefully I can finish building them up and start painting them. But I guess the majority of this project will most likely be done during the term break, since my examination is already nearing and I have to start my revision.

See you all in the next post! 



Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment