Thursday, March 13, 2014

Project Legion of the Damned Day 5

The title gives it away all the time. 5 days in to this project and I think I can finally see the finish line. I may finish this project within the week.

If you are wondering, no, this is not the last day yet, so don't worry.

So I decided to give my little guy some recesses on the newly added soft armour. But sadly it was a failed attempt and I had to cover the damage I did on the soft armour area, as you can see at the picture of the legs below. Sigh. 

Thus I decided that the ribs would remain as it is since I guess I am still not good with the knife.


I also started on the banner of this guy, which I saw all sergeants have. Hence using a secret recipe I formulated, I carved out the motto which I believe shows the true intention of the Legionaries:

In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis (For the Emperor beyond the point of death)

I would only show the secret formula in my tutorial if one ever comes up. If not, I would soon reveal it. But for experts, it is extremely easy and you should see it at one glance.

I also sliced it apart to get the shape I wanted.


I had a skull made for the top of the banner and have the banner surrounded by a layer of Kneadatite. After which, I added a pole to the back of the banner. Though not very straight, it is kind of good for first attempts and also shows some wear and tear of it, like maybe the warp did something to it and all that.
 

Next, I left a piece of Kneadatite at the backpack to be it's base.


Just to side track a little, I did a armour at the groin and added a tiny skull onto it. To be actual, it is actually attached to the belt. Thus you should be able to see the armour clearly but not the skull as it is a little too small.

Lastly, I attached the banner to the torso. I had to support it with sticky putty to keep it straight while it hardens. As it is too heavy, I may consider removing it as the miniature may not be able to hold it!


I attached the axe to the arm at it's original position by mistake, but I would live with it as I realised a better pose can be made with the arm, so we shall see how it goes. Plus I removed the flames at the bottom as I find them a little out of place down there.


That's it for today! A great step has been made and it is one step closer to our goal of completing it! So stay tune and look out for the following day's post!


Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment